Here we try to clarify all your questions about renting a motorhome or camper van


What driving licence do I need to drive a motorhome?
All our motorhomes, don’t exceed 3.5T and can be driven with a Category B Licence card.

To be qualified for the insurance, you need to have more than 25 years and have a driving license for more than 3 years.
Which documents to I need to have?
To rent and drive a motorhome, we’re going to need a copy of your ID card and driver license.
These copies need to be sent to the insurance company.
How can I proceed with a reservation?
Depending on type of reservation, we may require a down payment to reserve the motorhome or, if you use any of the renting platforms, they will handle the reservation payment.
Can I see the motorhome before making the reservation?
If you live or are visiting Portugal, we are more than happy to show you the motorhome and clarify all your doubts.

Please contact us to schedule a visit.
In what conditions should the motorhome be return?
We deliver the motorhome with diesel tank full, in the checkout it should also be returned with diesel tank full.
You should return the motorhome clean inside and out, equipment totally cleaned and organised (no garbage, sand, mud or any other waste), clean water tank full, chemical toilet clean and empty, and the residual water deposit has to be empty, otherwise a € 75,00 cleaning fee will be applicable).
We will check if there are no damage or missing equipment. In case anything is damaged or missing ts value deducted on the security deposit amount.
What are the schedules for picking the motorhome or returning the motorhome?
We are very flexible about the time to checkin and checkout. Please note that we try to offer this service free of charge but, we may not have resources available. Please book as soon as possible.
What does the insurance cover?
Full comprehensive cover in case there is damage to the vehicle, fire, theft, glass breakage and a complete 24/7 assistance in case of breakdown or incident:
  • Civil liability of 50,000 24/7 travel assistance;
  • Legal aid;
  • Shock, collision or knock down (up to €75,000);
  • Theft (up to €75,000)
  • Fire, storm or explosion (up to €75.000);
  • Natural disasters (up to €75.000);
  • Acts of vandalism (up to €75.000);
  • Personal injury to the driver (up to €250);
  • Breach of trust;
  • Glass breakage (up to €1000).

Cover is forfeited for private/recreational travel, excluding any expensive transport of persons and/or goods.
The following trips are authorized: Portugal and Spain
Is there any excess rates?
The excess is a set amount and is to be paid by the renter in the event of an accident. Independently from the excess, any third party injury will be compensated for any damage suffered.
Excess for shock, collision or knock down, theft, fire, strong winds or explosion, natural disasters, vandalism: €1.250;
Glass breakage excess (if replacement): €50.


Pick up and delivery
Typically we offer to pick you up, at no additional charge, from the airport or train station. If you wish us to deliver the motorhome on another location, please contact us first to check the availability.

When you arrive you should contact us via mobile or WhatsApp and we will be outside the airport, with the motorhome ready for you.

Afterwards, we will take you to a nice place, where we will make the full explanation on how to operate the motorhome, sign the contract and, in the end, give you some tips for your holidays.

For the returning, we should meet at a predefined location – typically the same place where the motorhome was delivered, and we will take you to the airport.

Please note that we try to offer this service free of charge but, depending on your flight date and time, we may not have resources available, Please book as soon as possible.
Is it difficult to drive a motorhome?
A motorhome is very easy to drive, it’s like a (big) car. You just need to observe a few rules:
  • Watch out with the height! Depending on the motorhome, the height can be around 3.2 m, so you need to be very careful with low bridges and balconies.
  • Rear visibility is very low! Always lean to some help to make any maneuver.
  • Be aware that when turning to the left, the rear of the vehicle goes slightly to the right (or vice-versa). Avoid parking really close to walls, cars or other vans.
  • In Portugal, we have old towns and villas with very narrow streets. If you wish to visit an old town, park on a main street and take a walk or use the bicycles.
  • With the water tanks full, it is a heavy vehicle, so avoid sharp turns and strong brakes.
  • The motorhome consumes around 10 liters/100km. Avoid going faster than 100km, otherwise the consumption will go higher.
Where can I fill up the clean water, and empty the grey water tank and the toilet?
In Portugal and Spain there are a lot of Motorhome service areas. They are marked with a special sign so you can easily find them. Additionally every campsite also has a special place where you can service the motorhome.

To find the nearest service area, campsite or motorhome park, we strongly recommend you to install the App Caramaps or Park4Night, available on both Android and Apple IOS.
Do I need to sleep on campsites?
In Portugal you can, in general, sleep anywhere you want, except if a special sign that forbids motorhome is present, or in National Parks. You can choose to sleep in a free motorhome park or near the beach.

We usually recommend to sleep a couple of days on the wilderness and then sleep on a campsite. On a campsite you can always.
Is there any rules for staying outside Campsites?
A motorhome is considered like a usual vehicle category B. You can park wherever the other cars can, only if there is a sign that forbids motorhomes.

One thing that it is forbidden outside camping sites and motorhome service areas is to have any structure that back up in the ground (such as open the awning or even put tables and chairs for a meal).
What happens in case of a problem? Is there roadside assistance?
In case of an accident or if you need roadside assistance, you should immediately call us. If needed, we will call roadside assistance for you in order to avoid any language barriers.
What is the autonomy of a motorhome?
These are the precautions you need to take on a motorhome trip:
  • Fuel – Obviously if you want to drive the motorhome you’ll need fuel (diesel). The fuel deposits are around 70-80 liters and the fuel consumption is around 10-12 l/100km, so you can expect and autonomy of around 550 kms till 800 kms, depending on your driving.
  • Battery “Electric energy” – You need electric energy to power the lights, the water pump, the TV and charge your mobile phone. All our motorhomes have one battery for the car and one or 2, special batteries for the “home”. These batteries are charged when you drive, by the solar panel or when connected to the electric socket.
    Since we provide a solar panel on all motorhomes, you’ll never need to worry with the batteries running low. In such extreme cases, if you’re not on a campsite connected to the 220v electric power, you’ll need to switch on the engine to charge the batteries.
  • Gas – We supply all our motorhomes with 2 gas bottles: one completely full and another that can be used. A gas bottle will last more than 20 days of consecutive usage for the fridge and water heating, so this isn’t something you’ll need to worry about.
    The gas is used to heat up the water, heat the “home” on cold days and power the fridge when you are parked outside a campsite.
  • Water – All our motorhomes have a water deposit of 120L or bigger. For a family of 4 people, this will last you around 2-3 days of showers, dish washing and other normal water usage. So, you need to plan to, every couple of days, either spend the night on a campsite, which offer the services to fill up the water tank, or you’ll need to go to a motorhome service area:
    Whenever you fill up clean water you’ll also need to empty the grey water tank (water used to shower, dishwashing, etc). Typically the grey water tank has the same capacity as the clean water tank;
  • Chemical toilet – On a motorhome, you’ll also need to plan to empty the chemical toilet. On a regular use, 4 persons will fill up the chemical toilet in 2-3 days so you’ll also need to plan to empty the cassette every couple of days. You can do this on a campsite or on the multiple motorhome service areas available in Portugal.
In resume, we recommend that once every 2 days, you either plan to sleep on a campsite or you go to a motorhome service are to fill up the clean water, empty the grey water tank and the WC cassette. The gas and 12v electricity last for a very long time so it’s not something you’ll need to worry about.
For more information please check or blog post.